PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Support Labor and Julia
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2012, 00:14
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This thread looks like a wind up, but all I can think is that naive idealogogical beliefs are behind it.

Taxation is not a cure to your economic woes. It never has been, and never will be. It defies human nature.

Example, Carbon Tax which has nothing to do with climate even if man made CO2 was having drastic effects, it is a bizzare tax that will ruin many industries. Lets say canned pineapple. Cost of producing here vs imported from the Phillipines. All the farmers costs have risen due to a carbon tax, transport to the cannery have risen due the carbon tax, processing at the cannery has risen in cost due the carbon tax, wage inflation due carbon tax effects, transport to the retailers distribution centre raised due the carbon tax.

Now lets look at the imported pineapple. Lower cost to begin with, shipped to Australia, enters the port and sent to the retailers distribution centre.....only point where carbon tax is applied.

Now how did a dumb stupid tax benefit anyone anywhere in the world? And where did it do most harm?

If you think that BIG BUSINESS is going to cop this? If you think the consumer is going to cop this, think again. You will blame big business for closing down local canneries and farmers going broke on BIG business, but it will be the consumer at fault. And ask yourself why?

Despite QF management and their stupidity, look at the dumb union movement in the Qld coal industry at the moment. I have never seen such an over paid underworked bunch of whingers on strike in all my life. They have much to lose, and when a carbon Tax starts biting them on the arse, they will think twice, mind you not too many voted Labor up here recently.

If you think that the Liberal Party are only going to look after big business, and one hopes medium and small business, do you not think that is smart? This is where the real productivity is at, it is never in the public services, and without viable businesses what will hapen? The economy shrinks and unemployment rises.

We are on the brink of it now. Our interest rates are too high, our tourism and exports are suffering, and those that are not dead are not doing very well.

I did a rough calculation based on some information of unknown accuracy a while back on what the cost to my houshold would be, post carbon tax and health care rebate changes, and it was north of $30K. And Juliar is not going to offer me any compensation or tax relief at all. And my name is not Clive Palmer either.

So please tell me why we should be taking it easy on the Fat Arsed Red Headed Liar Bird and not turfing her and her cronies on the dole cue.

Rant over

PS.....and now that I have worked hard risked everything, paid off my house, educated my kids with no burden on the public system, employed people, never bothered to chase goverment handouts even when we may have qualified for some years ago, and now I am in a position to actually invest some serious money in retirement savings that I could not afford to do prior, I get no tax relief there because they have pulled the pin on that too.

I can tell you....I AM NOT HAPPY ONE BIT. And if I really knew the full effect, I could be excused for going postal about it all.

So LHLisa, think again, as I may actually be representitive of you and most other Australians. Screwed by the ALP.