PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision)
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2012, 23:03
jackw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guys,

Just looking for some advice. I had a lazy eye (amblyopia) when I was younger but had it surgically corrected at age 7. I went to Specsavers a few months ago to get my eyes tested and asked her to test me up to Class 1 medical standard. In my right eye I had 6/9 and left eye 6/5. Everything was going fine but then she proceeded to project numbers up on to the screen and I could only see one number on the screen when there was meant to be two numbers and she proceeded to tell me I have monocular vision. She then did another test where she put a pen out to my right handside and asked me to focus on her nose and tell her when the pen starts moving and I passed that fine.

I'm just wondering what tests are conducted by the CAA to test your binocular vision?

Will I be automatically ruled out from getting a class 1 due to my medical history of having a lazy eye and the fact I then had surgery?

I've tried searching the CAA website but couldnt find any concrete answers to my questions and I was hoping to learn from you guys with your vast amounts of experience.

Thanks alot in advance,
Jack

Last edited by jackw; 11th Apr 2012 at 22:28.