PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - N-reg situation update
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2012, 23:00
chrisbl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peter 337 wrote:

That's why I did the JAA IR recently. It is completely useless for legal flying for me.
Peter, Your JAA IR (now EASA PPL IR) is totally useful for legal flying for you. To say other wise is totally wrong.

You may not like having to do it but thats another issue as you have made patently clear. But as someone who went N reg and FAA as a convenience to dodge the JAR requirements it looks like time is running out.

I was in the same position with an N reg and FAA and saw the writing on the wall. Its take to stop having a tantrum about it and just fly for gods sake.

I dont think all the carping on about the exams is helpful. People have a choice, do them or dont do them, same as the IR.

If some have woken up to the fact that the 15hr conversion ends soon well tough on them. Others were up to seeing what was happening and did something about it in good time. Now there is just a hard way to get an IR.

I am not going to lose any sleep over it. If pilots dont know or understand the privileges of their licences they should not be flying.

Its not difficult to read the EU Law it reads a lot like the ANO and JAR.