PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prostate.
Thread: Prostate.
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2012, 20:56
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Sorry, the CCleaner in my computer causes the bold (unanswered/read) threads to be reset.

I would have had very little reason not to go to work within a week. Going for a quick pee might have taken a bit longer, but I guess the issue is, the danger of suddenly needing a catheter.

Very annoying to not work for ages when seemingly perfectly okay, but I don't know how one would get any warning of that issue.

I guess asking patients who did need it, exactly how they felt in that region prior to emergency treatment would indicate the probabilities, but as always, the CAA/FAA will be the ones with the statistics, and more importantly, the rulebook.

The one thing I have had over a period of time is what the surgeon called 'Bowl Hurry.' I didn't notice any indication of this for months, but for a while it became very tedious. Just wouldn't want to be far from a loo due to oversensitivity of the signaling system near to the rectum.

I don't know if this is common to both kinds of radiation treatment, and I don't think it affects a significant proportion of Brachytherapy patients.

If there is no indication of any disease outside the prostate encapsulation/region? there is no way I'd opt for radical surgery. But again, that's just me, and everyone must make their own decisions based on the latest research.