PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ipad internal GPS reliability
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2012, 19:21
peterh337

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting feedback

Many thanks for the Bundlebox tip - that is just brilliant. Not expensive either.

Not so long ago I got ripped off $250 for shipping for a tiny jiffy bag from the USA, because the stupid company there (an avionics distributor) would not ship abroad (didn't know how to, apparently) and used an "international shipping company" for all non-US deliveries The only issue I see is that some companies won't ship to an address which differs from the credit card billing address, but this clearly isn't common as I have bought many items from the USA directly. It's much more common among UK companies...

When I get the XGPS150 I will report. It should be good because it does EGNOS. Even 32 channels is wasted because there are nowhere near that many sats in the visible sky at any time. What will be interesting is whether it supports more than one bluetooth client concurrently. Most BT GPSs don't.

My current GPS is an old Emtac unit which has a battery but is aircraft powered via a "temporary-attached" 5V power unit, and the antenna comes from a dedicated rooftop active antenna, so it is nice and neat and 100% reliable. But of course it doesn't support any Church of Jobs device...