PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Killing the INDUSTRY!! eJ, Monarch, Thomson and ????
Old 8th Apr 2012, 09:46
BlackandBrown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As you are an instructor you'll have access to the following too - A320 instructors support manual issued by Airbus:

Take off roll:

- Use the rudder pedals to steer the A/C. The NWS will be effective till 130 kts. Don't use the tiller beyond 20 kts. - Avoid using the stick into wind; indeed this increases the natural tendency of the a /c to turn into wind.
I have never had any need to put aileron into wind. Ultimately you clearly know what you are doing, I know how the aircraft has felt to me and I know what I have been trained consistently and positively to do. The edge of the Maltese cross on the edge of the pitch dot gives max aileron into wind without spoiler deflection. That is what I believe airbus mean with their 'if necessary' advice.

For landing I always attempt to decrab. Note the word attempt!

The relevance of all this to the thread is that if one is going to talk down CTC cadets then at least make it for something they specifically have done wrong. We all have misunderstanding/ much to learn.

I am an ex CTC cadet and now SFO so you trump me on experience and qualifications!