PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spy Plane : Put it in Chinese Museum
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2001, 17:40
Paterbrat

Regardless of the 'rights' or 'wrongs' of this particular incident it is interesting to note that every action has a reaction. It would begin to appear that the agressive Chinese stance has produced a reaction from the USA. The flights will continue. A package of military aid to Taiwan has been approved and does include items which it might not have before. The Favoured Nation trade status enjoyed by China with the US is now under increasing tension and review. The Olympic bid can be considered under the same state.
It is quite within a sovereign nations power to behave in whatever way it wishes, it must be realised however that this behaviour does produce it's own reaction when viewed by others. Does China care about others reactions. Logic would dictate that certain reactions are not welcome. This may modify the behaviour. Time will tell.
Kifis you may, just may, not see your EP-3 in your favourite museum.

Jacko I have to say I thought your question on expansionism was answered. They are. And probably will be more so. Just my opinion and couple of cents worth, and it's OK I got the money thanks