PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air controller during emergency landing: 'I know that's BS'
Old 7th Apr 2012, 18:58
drive73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You guys just don't get it! The controller thought it was a fake call, most likely because the o2 masks distorted the transmission. Have you ever spoke through the o2 masks? We can barely communicate with each other let alone atc.
Mayday calls can be faked, the Microsoft wanta bees do know how to say it.

Next time I hear the beautiful European rt exclaiming "Charlie Charlie, twice really or roger"and continuing to read back clearances I will quickly correct them in my finest cowboy accent because that's what us Americans do is sit around thinking of ways to sound cool on the rt. lol

I have flown all around the world and can tell you everywhere is different and uses different terminology, trying to get English in France, central, south America, china, Russia, etc, can be a real challenge sometimes. Domestic operations are even less standard in every country I have flown, USA included. This was a domestic flight and they should use proper rt, but what they said was perfectly understandable for local controllers to understand if they heard it properly.

For the guy who thought atc should have known by the plane stopped on the runway, dia is huge with multiple runways. I think the taxi distance from the far runway is around 4 miles.