PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAA asks for a R6-billion handout
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2012, 17:04
skyvan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barns, I'll hazard a guess, you joined in the last couple of years, you were told repeatedly during the first week about how good you are, because SAA only takes the cream of the crop, and since you have "done your time" doing contract/smaller carrier, you believe what you have been told by the MMWC!

You are also very proud to work for SAA, and can't understand that anyone would prefer to work anywhere else.

So when someone shows the slightest negative sentiment towards SAA, you feel it is your duty to defend the "good name" of your employer.

This is quite honourable, if mis-guided. Demanding that people be proud of SAA just because they are South African is juvenile at best, and arrogant at worst.

I used to feel the same way, until over a coffee a a fellow captain (him on 320, me on 738), we discussed what there is to be proud of at SAA. The conclusion was very simple, there is little to be proud of at SAA, but there is huge potential within the company. If that could be harnessed and brought to fruition, then SAA would be an all-round awesome company to work for.

Don't make the mistake of projecting your feelings for Flight Ops (which is generally worthy) onto the rest of the company (which certainly isn't).

Can I recommend that you learn to exercise some discretion? You are obviously still young enough not to have your emotions fully in-check, which is leading you to expose yourself as a complete and utter tosser.

And do be careful who you insult and take-on while spending time on the forum, you never know when you'll be sitting beside them at work, or even sitting across the desk from them for whatever reason.