PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heikkis' Silhouette Challenge
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2012, 12:06
SincoTC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good afternoon Ken (and any other lurkers) ,

I had an early(ish) start this morning (just in time to see Karlark get my Challenge). I noted Noyade's reservations about the apparent attitude to "Quiz" threads! I personally think the Mod's comments where aimed at the now removed Cryptic thread and feel that it did probably belong with the numerous other "word game" type threads in the Jet Blast Section (despite the fact that is was far more than a game and involved serious thought and subject knowledge).

The four current "Identification Quiz" threads, Heikkis' Silhouette Challenge, Which Aerodrome, What Cockpit and the newbie (exhaust/Intake) Challenge, all comply very well with the Aviation History and Nostalgia theme and the intentions of the thread's founder, involving as they do, a lot of serious delving into the subject matter and often presenting very interesting information and or pictures when the answer is revealed. I don't doubt for one minute that they are very popular threads and many "guests" casually look in, but don't participate. One has only to look at the number of times these threads have been viewed compared with other threads! Yes, I know they've been there a long time, but make a note of the rate that they grow every day, the numbers speak for themselves!!

However, they do need all more active members to make things tick along nicely, but even at their worst, they fair gallop along compared with other similar threads on other sites, where weeks can pass without a new post !

Here's one to keep things moving!

Last edited by SincoTC; 7th Apr 2012 at 13:07. Reason: Added comments re "Quiz" threads