PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAA asks for a R6-billion handout
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2012, 10:58
michaelbarns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yet you fly a Skyvan and moan because I support SAA? You are an embarresment to our country because at every turn you are happy to slate our national carrier. You need to read the previous posts to see what we are discussing instead of throwing your two cents worth by reading the last post and then making a comment. I dont think anyone particularly likes management, but what has management got to do with the SAA pilots and what they earn? Are you telling me for one second that you would turn down a pay increase at your company? Please this argument is getting pathetic. If you were a pilot you would know who you would most likely want to work for in South Africa, and that would be 95% of pilots. The rest enjoy coporate jet work. If a boypilot at SAA makes almost what a captain at Comair makes, its a no brainer. Ontop of that it is by far the most professional and enjoyable company to work for with the most modern fleet and a great bunch of crew, both front and back. You guys need to come to the realisation that SAA will never be closed down because it holds the countries name, everything goes through ups and downs. If they need to purchase 2 or 3 new aircraft for R6 billion rand, then yes it will reflect as a negative on their balance sheet for a year or two, then back to profit making. There is nothing that can be done about that. Aircraft are incredibly expensive, maybe we should go after Airbus or Boeing and ask them to lower their costs? Have some pride in your country, apart from what is going on behind closed doors, and please leave the pilots / crew out of this.