PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Killing the INDUSTRY!! eJ, Monarch, Thomson and ????
Old 7th Apr 2012, 10:49
Alycidon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
black & brown

Risking going off topic, here's the Boeing version:

(from the FCTM)

Rotation and Takeoff
Begin the takeoff roll with the control wheel approximately centered. Throughout
the takeoff roll, gradually increase control wheel displacement into the wind only
enough to maintain approximately wings level.
Note: Excessive control wheel displacement during rotation and liftoff increases
spoiler deployment. As spoiler deployment increases, drag increases and
lift is reduced which results in reduced tail clearance, a longer takeoff roll,
and slower airplane acceleration.
At liftoff, the airplane is in a sideslip with crossed controls. A slow, smooth
recovery from this sideslip is accomplished by slowly neutralizing the control
wheel and rudder pedals after liftoff
You will note that in my post I used the word "control wheel", this would tend to refer to aircraft fitted with a control wheel, ie not an Airbus, the advantage of the control wheel is that it can be used, by the pilot, to fly the aircraft!

Another advantage of a control wheel is that when the other pilot is flying the aircraft, you can see where he (or she) is pointing it.

Without wishing to compare apples with oranges, you'll see from this that I fly the Boeing, not the Airbus but in response to your post where, if I may quote

If you don't mind I'll rely on airbus and easyJets recommendations rather than an incorrect anonymity on pprune. As always be extremely careful about what you believe on pprune. And I mean no offence by that.
I am relying here on over thirty years and many thousands of hours of flying, gliding, SE instructing, and as a LTC, TRI and TRE and I am sure therefore that every aircraft I've flown that is fitted with a tailfin will weathercock and lift the into wind wing on a crosswind takeoff until messrs Airbus and easyjet et al. change the laws of physics.

Your post about the Airbus was very enlightening and I thank you, although not applicable to my post which was referring to the Boeing but if I can point out:

a. you didn't read my post fully

b. that the manual is only right if you are on the right page in the right manual

thank you for your time