PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fancy flying the Dreamliner? Here you go...
Old 7th Apr 2012, 01:57
Iver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bizzare. So, if I were a current Norwegian 737NG pilot I would be PI$$ED! They would be exporting my longhaul flying opportunities... What, only expats are experienced enough to fly the 787? Really? I guess European 737NG time is worthless to them?

I suppose they will get a few Virgin Australia, Malaysian or Thai pilots with 777 time. But why leave a stable job for this contract? Hope those pilots enjoy flights to cold Norway during the winter... Can a current Norwegian 737NG pilot based in Norway bid for the 787 Bangkok domicile - or is it a completely separate contract?

Clearly they are doing this for economic reasons, but what is the point of hiring 737NG pilots in Norway if they can't also promote them to the longhaul airplanes? I just don't get it... Anyone care to rationalize it for me?

It is a Rishworth contract. That said, will there be any Norwegian 787 pilots based in Oslo - or will all 787 drivers be located out of country (i.e., in Thailand) on a separate contract? What percentage of 787 seats will go to the Rishworth contract vs. internal pilots?