PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - WHERE TO NOW?
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2012, 22:55
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
I think the point is being a little missed. I don't think this is about 'anti management' per se. Just 'anti THIS management'.

They have proved their incompetence over decades.

Question:
How many consultancy firms has John Borghetti paid for since he has been at VA?

I don't know the answer, but I would be very surprised if it was many at all. Simply because he knows what he is doing. Much like the ALP running Australia, Qantas management is so inept they have to rely on consultants either to prove to themselves they are doing the right things or to be able to legitimately shift blame when it fails. It is the ultimate tool of the incompetant.

These guys are simply so far out of their depth it is frightening.

All businesses start out small. They are lean and competitive. They have to be. When you run a successful business you need to know what you are doing and you do it, fast and clean. If an error is made it is rectified immediately. What scares me most about Qf management is that they know errors have been made, major errors (well, at least I hope they do - if they don't I would be totally shocked) yet they continue down the same path to save face. Even worse, because they have no idea about how to run an airline (I do not think they understand airlines and premium branding at all) they spend millions on consultants who have been to the same business courses as they did (so they know the answers will be 'sound') who also have no understanding of the airline business to tell them how to run the place. These guys could not run a small business because they don't' understand the very basics. To fly a jumbo (or dugong) you start in C150's. To run a corporation you are _supposed_ to understand the business. Qantas current management do not understand the very basics.

Now, why is Virgin doing so well all of a sudden?