PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAA asks for a R6-billion handout
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2012, 20:00
Shrike200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by michaelbarns
just because you didnt get into SAA doesnt mean you have the right to slag them off every 5min... cry me a river and move on! Its our national carrier, so love it, and ask any pilot who they would want to fly for, and they will say... SAA! And then ask any pilot at SAA if they are happy, and the answer will always be YES, its the best airline in the world!
Amazingly, you are indisputably wrong at least once, and sometimes more than once in each and every sentence you typed there! Good going! I would say 'troll', but it has the ring of an authentically intended post, so I have to subtract 500 internets from your pprune score, and...oh wait, I see that was your 4th post here. I'll attempt peer correction then - people critical of SAA are not by definition 'wannabee SAA pilots'. In the same way that people critical of the SA government are not necessarily 'wannabee politicians'.

Why would somebody be critical of a company they had applied to just because they didn't get in? Maybe critical of the selection process, the method's of testing etc....anyway. Not everybody is the sour grape type, in fact most aren't. If you had thought about it, you would have realised how self-evident this fact is. But you didn't. So you didn't.

Also, this isn't (to me at least) really about SAA pilot salaries, although I still maintain that the company could tell them '10-15% pay cut, take it or leave it' and not sit with a single crewing issue at all. And certainly if it was a profitable company, paid back its debt, they could be earning a million a month and I could be as green as I liked, I wouldn't have a leg to stand if I was to be a critic. For the same reason, if SA was a galactic superpower and had cash to spare then state sponsorship, while 'unfair', would not be too much of a sore point. BUT it's not. Look around. SA has far, far more pressing issues than propping up an airline that can't fend for itself. Again, there is nothing that SAA does that cannot be done by somebody else IMHO - somebody that does NOT cost the SA government (ie SA taxpayer) anything.