PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Utair ATR 72 Crash in Siberia
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2012, 16:42
RA-65970

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I worked in russian aviation some time ago and what I saw there was just shocking. I can't give you many details as I don't want to get trouble in my job, but in russian aviation a lot of thinks going badly wrong, so the crash of the ATR is sadly only a logical consequence of what I saw there.

Technicans and Pilots working on western a/c don't speak english where flight manuals and technical documentations only available in english, no spare parts available so a/c have to be ripped that other a/c can fly. Very often one a/c stays in the hangar for months to provide spares for the rest of the fleet, until another a/c gets AOG, then they change the a/c in the hangar, making the a/c that lost more than 100 parts during it's time on ground airworty again, of course with 90% parts from other not flying a/c. Of course techical documentation is improper and aircrafts are flying with known technical defect that would lead to an immidiate AOG in Europe, I saw a/c flying with defect anti-ice-systems in the russian winter.

And the recent grounding of most soviet build planes does not really improves the situation, more and more western build a/c flying with bad trained flight and technical crews.

It's just a matter of time when the next plane is down in Russia...