PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pirates not of the Caribbean
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2012, 16:31
glojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please folks do NOT think I am saying this is NOT a real attack, I am simply curious as to whether it might be an exercise as everything is just so weird.

The boat keeps heading toward the tanker even though it is under a determined attack from the on-board security staff. It collides with the tanker and some gallah still keeps shooting at the thing but at NO TIME does anyone on that tanker suggest they actually hit any of the occupants???

I have listened to that tape several times and I confess that my hearing is not very good but unlike others, I cannot hear a single crew person suggest they are receiving any incoming fire, let alone any specific reference to an AK47?

We can hear someone first authorising 'weapons free' and then warning fire, but at no time do I hear anyone broadcasting any message for assistance.

Pontious you are without doubt a highly experienced RAF officer but... Quick helm hard over and kick him with the stern! We are talking very large tanker with the manoeuvrability of a hovercraft in gale force winds.

Once we start citing Ross Kemp as an authority on Somali pirates then I fear we are living in la la land.

This may well be a real attack..... but I confess to being more than a trifle suspicious and please note I am NOT saying it is DEFINITELY a well executed exercise although no votes for the guard that kept shooting at that skiff when it was alongside.