PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA/bmi merger (was Virgin & Balpa - bmi next ?)
Old 6th Apr 2012, 15:23
757_Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes, I am for real. I'm not going to bother any more, as obviously you are missing the point of what I am asking as much as I am aparently dancing around like fred astair.

and if you are going to be abusive then at least have the f**king decency to read what I've written
No one is 100% sure at this stage what the outcome of the slot release will have on the total number of slots available to BA (apart from it would appear you). There is a good chance that nothing may come of them and that they will be utilised by IAG/BA as per the original transaction. Then again, there is a remote chance that someone may come out of the woodwork and take a potluck chance with one or two
I've you can be bothered to read my previous posts, then you'll see that what you said there is pretty much 100% of what I wrote previously. But I expect that like most people on here, you just see what you want, rather than bothering to take note of what people actually say

and I'm not having a dour day, I'm quite happy thank you very much.

Bottom line. BA bought BMI for the slots. I'm sure the aircraft and the people are marvelous, but there is no shortage of aircraft or people. the slots are what its all about. I'm sure its very upsetting but If IAG could get the slots without all the other stuff attached they would - not very nice I know, but thats the cold hard truth.
I was merely making the point that the game has changed. I'm 100% sure that IAG and everyone else involved at the business end knows exactly what all the numbers are (and of course they went into the negotiations with the EU with their own bottom lines), but they are different to what the BACC and BMICC thought they were a few weeks ago. I was trying to make the point that whilst its all very nice talking about seniority lists and staff travel, some fundamental stuff has changed which MAY change the whole picture, so obsessing about details is probably pointless at this stage as we are a long long way away from getting to that level of detail.

I dunno what you think is wrong with my statement about branson strutting around in the courts. He publicly announced, at a press conference that he was PROBABLY going to appeal the decision. Its a matter of public record that branson said this - its not heresay or 3rd hand, a-mate-of-a-mates-cousin-said-down-the-pub-stuff. I very much doubt that he will appeal it as it will cause huge damage to BMI prospects, and his own brand when he gets the blame. I'm pretty confident it won't come to that as its almost certainly a shakedown as he knows that a 90 day delay will cost someone (Lufty or IAG) about 60-70 million quid.
I'm not wallowing in a pit of dispair by acklowledging bransons spanner in the works - just being realistic.

My whole point of all my posts (for those that have clearly missed the point) is simple.
Discussing details about seniority and TUPE and staff travel is pointless as fundamental aspects of the deal have changed and its still a long way from being signed sealed and delivered.

FWIW I'm overwhelmingly positive about the deal and I think it will be great development in the future, but I think (as posted above) that BMI should be more worried about how many jobs they can keep and what happens to regional and baby than worrying about wether a couple of senior captains are going to get a stab at bidding for the A380 (that last bit was tongue in cheek - you know - humour? that sense that most people here don't have)

really can't be arsed with this discussion any more. Laters.