PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAA asks for a R6-billion handout
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2012, 10:52
michaelbarns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My gosh I think we all need to stand up and salute you oh lord you! The part that I am refering to is that you are now, "too experienced!" hahaha... Yes I must admit Gerneral Chuck Yeager was turned away from American Airlines because he was, "too experienced!" They wanted someone who couldnt fly and possesed no brain cells.

Back to reality, you didnt get in, you are sour, you hold a grudge etc etc etc. But if you did get in back in the days, you would now be happy with a big house and nice car and have a smile on your face... But alas im sure you are stuck somewhere flying a C172 and blame SAA for everything. You didnt cut in then and maybe this is the reason, the physcometric test would have spotted you a mile out!

And with regards to the pilots salary at SAA, you know absolutely nothing! Did you know that a few years before the rainbow nation arrived in 1994, SAA pilots earned less than the pilots at the Airforce. The new management then analysed the salaries from various airlines around the world, along with living conditions and imparticular the cost of living of those countries. They then brought SAA pilot salaries inline with what they would and should be as compared to other airlines around the world! So in laymens terms most if not all large airlines in the world, their pilots earn the same amount no matter what country they are in. This is all relative to infaltion, cost of living etc etc etc...

So get off SAA's back and look at the other airlines who are now stepping up to the table with their pay scale. Hell a co-pilot at Nationwide used to earn R11000pm! Would that be ok with you?

ps. You never had to speak Afrikaans, that was only in the airforce to fly jets so the fighter pilots could communicate in a dog fight without the "others" listening or understanding... Same as rugby and cricket etc etc etc bla bla bla.