PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA/bmi merger (was Virgin & Balpa - bmi next ?)
Old 6th Apr 2012, 09:56
No walkover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
757 Driver

Are you for real???

You sound like a broken record.

Whenever a valid point is made you seem to dance around it like Fred Astaire and throw back another tangential question. Unfortunately there is no "filter" button on this forum.

No one is 100% sure at this stage what the outcome of the slot release will have on the total number of slots available to BA (apart from it would appear you). There is a good chance that nothing may come of them and that they will be utilised by IAG/BA as per the original transaction. Then again, there is a remote chance that someone may come out of the woodwork and take a potluck chance with one or two. So to write off 25% and then start arguing over this is way too premature, unless you are WW's right hand man and are angling to diminish the pilots T & Cs further?

To say
Originally Posted by 757 Driver
branson struts around the EU courts
unless you know specifics, is again pouring oil on the fire. Even if this was true, what would he do with more of these additional slots. The constraints that the EU have placed are rightfully in place and would be a non-starter for him. All this would achieve would be to waste more Virgin resources - not a clever thing to do at the moment.

Perhaps you could enlighten me as to why BA couldn't damp lease some aircraft to start LH routes within a year? Better still maybe Iberia or a OneWorld partner may have some surplus airframes or under performing routes that they would happily lease BA for a guaranteed return?

As you can see, I view the future with positivity and a bouyant attitude. I can easily wallow in the pit of despair, it takes less energy to imagine negative options. I'm a pint half full individual by nature but even when I take my rose-tinted spectacles off, I can only see good things for IAG & BA in the next 2 - 10 years.

I'll give you this one for free though, I read previously that you said that you are at the bottom of the current MSL and 100% of BMI pilots would displace you if DOJ was used. I do not know your start date but BMI have recently recruited a couple of pilots in the last month or so. Perhaps that might brighten up your dour day? i.e. you may not be at the very bottom for long whatever happens?