PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA/bmi merger (was Virgin & Balpa - bmi next ?)
Old 6th Apr 2012, 09:50
wurlizter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would like to say thank goodness for the merger/takeover. It has been a really worrying time for many at BMI and it seems that there is still some uncertainty as to who or how many will be going to BA.
I hope something will be pulled out of the bag for my friends at Baby and Regional, good luck.

I completely understand how some BA pilots feel about a zipped seniority list.
After years of loyal service to BMI, when we were integrated into BMED, I went tumbling down the seniority list and lost my chance to fly the 330. I believe that I was disadvantaged! Now this is not BA's fault or problem but if the integration is handled differently it's Balpa HQ that needs to answer the questions how/why?

I would like to work for a company that will offer me security, decent pay and a future to look forward too. I do believe it is right to have DOJ for redundancy and staff travel, at least my years of working for the company will count for something. If that means I'm put to the back of the seniority list (again), I'm ok with that.

It could have been so good at BMI, but a mixture of poor management decisions, Lufthansa never wanting us and a bit of bad luck has left us in this unfortunate position. I'm tired of the "will we be here next year feeling" and it would be nice to sit up look forward to the future.
Someone mentioned about flying to ****holes in Africa? Well they might not have been the nicest of places but the crews made the trips and I'll miss that.

I will miss the people and that was BMI's GREATEST asset it's people. Pity no one at the top of the company thought or cared about them.

So I"m looking forward to BA, bring it on.