PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Killing the INDUSTRY!! eJ, Monarch, Thomson and ????
Old 5th Apr 2012, 15:30
Poose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Michael Medley

Your views on CTC/OAA may very well change when you've actually made considerable sacrifices or indeed find yourself looking for employment, only to find that the majority of operators that recruited all of your contacts only a few years back are now defaulting to CTC for all of their low houred pilots.

As for "moaning on forums" and "standing out from the crowd", I'm only pointing out the current reality, as regards to CTC etc.

The truth isn't pleasant at the minute for Modular students.

Stand out from the crowd? How does several years working in a Flight Test environment on a CS-25 aircraft suit you? Or perhaps a degree in Mechanical Engineering and leadership/management experience gleaned from Sandhurst and a stint in the Army...

I'm sorry, Michael - but there comes a point in this game where the eventual bottom line is whether or not you have access to cash for a Type Rating and can live off peanuts for your first year or so.

Now before someone advises me to network, I already have a broad range of contacts in some great operators - who unfortuneatly now turn to CTC for their new, low houred blokes and are powerless to help...
I'm going to continue networking and chasing the dream - but see my point?

Anyway... good luck!