PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways 'Executive Club'
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2012, 13:38
Babaleka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I may be going slightly off thread here but I will try and justify that by using my Executive Club membership as a reason for doing so . I have tried corresponding via the BA site , completed three or four surveys and written direct to Customer service with nothing other than what seems to be electronic answers .

* Why is it that membership levels were set to zero at the end of last year? I went from Silver to Bronze overnight and in doing so lost access to the Business Class lounges.It is going to take me the best part of six months to get back up to Silver Class level.

* I am told that air miles cannot be used to upgrade if the flight was booked via a travel agency. How do BA justify that ? As most of my flights are on business they are booked via a (company) appointed travel agency as I imagine is the case with other similar travellers.

On a more positive note :

* Cabin upgrades on the return leg of my last flight (to the Middle East) in Economy and World Traveller Plus make for more comfortable flying - and they look a heck of a lot better.
When do BA expect the upgrade to be completed on all other aircraft ? is the upgrade being doen on the basis of Long haul , medium Haul and short haul ? and Is there any truth in rumours that World Traveller Plus will offer more in terms of meals thus making the extra cost that much more worthwhile.

* For my money the BA CC give excellent customer service doing a job that would drive to to absolute distraction . You have my utmost admiration.