PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bournemouth Flying Club's Approved IR Who'sdunnit
Old 22nd Dec 2001, 00:18
rebeccadblake

Angel

Background knowledge - the club is run by 3 sersoius pilots, 1 of whom is 1 of 10 of the most "qualifed FI/E" in the counrty and also flys FRA's falcons part time.

Personal accounts- the club has a "pay as you go" system which you need never pay up front, they have a few courses which you can pay up front although you wont save a lot of money in the long run,

personal account-the club is in quite a good sitution at the moment as has even started to buy a few Beech Dutchess to add to the other one they have just Bought... and its actually bought there are no loans in BFC!.

The Instructors- David, Lance, Paul, Miles are the commercial instutors they all very good and I have flown with all of them via one.

A/c - 4 c152's.... 3 Warriors.... 1 (soon 2) Beech dutchess..... 1 arrow..... erm thats all I can remember of heart, there is another one but I can't remember its name.

availability- the best FI's are always hard to get hold of but thats the same case in all schools.. as far as I know last week they where all very busy becuase of they teach all the trainee ATCO's but after christmas I am sure the availiblity will be back to normall

friendlyness- all the FI's I think have a different personallity which makes it intersting picking one! they all have good and bad points although I wont go into what they are..

Good points bad points.. okay bad... erm the name.. club doesn't sound to hot on a CV although a first time pass will.
they dont appear to take commercial flying serouisly at first but you will think different in the air!!