PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Planes may leave late in new system - Perth
Old 5th Apr 2012, 04:22
Icarus2001

Received 250 Likes on 108 Posts
Okay, thanks Bloggs, I see what you thought he meant now.

Surely we are also mixing two different systems here. If I have a published slot time to land in PH then that is my slot. I still get Julim fix times which do not in any way relate to that landing slot time. This means the system is already broken and flow and approach are trying to play catch up. It seems to me that even if most aircraft depart at COBT ATC still only really play the game of dealing with what they have got inbound and sequencing as they go. I can see why that would be the case and I am not criticising the controllers, just the system they are given to use. Then expecting us to carry 25-30 minutes traffic holding after delaying a departure by twenty minutes makes me wonder.

It would also help greatly if the Metron Perth arrival slots were coordinated with the departure slots; no point in being assigned an outport COBT for the return to Perth that you're never going to achieve because you copped a 20 minute departure delay from Perth on the outbound leg...
Exactly. I took a thirty minute delay from PH with a seven minute delay from the destination. Broken by default, there is no way that it could work.