PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kenya Airways AB Initio Pilot Recruitment
Old 4th Apr 2012, 21:42
wanabeeCapt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying school is by no means a walk in the park regardless of the location chosen. Getting washed out is a reality at any stage. I was in 43 and had my highs and lows but it's how you pick yourself up after a bad day that matters.

If you zone out and blame your predicaments on 'racist' instructors, you will never get yourself out of that pit you have dug for yourself. Personality differences are bound to occur, some instructors just naturally do not get along with certain personalities regardless of their colour.

Playing the racist card when you get in trouble will just get you deeper in your problems. I happened to do several flights with the instructor mentioned above. We got along the whole time but at the same time I had a colleague who could not stomach him. How you can call him a victim of racist hate, just does not convince.

While it is true that racism in South Africa as a whole is alive and kicking, going to 43 with that mentality stuck in your mind will be of little help. Go there, focus on your flying, get your CPL/IR and on your way out if you feel like getting back at that instructor you loved to hate, show him two photos, one of a Boeing 737NG and one of a Piper Cherokee 140. Give him the Piper and wish him the best, kiss the 737 and put it in your pocket and whistle on your way out.

Last edited by wanabeeCapt; 4th Apr 2012 at 22:17.