PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA/bmi merger (was Virgin & Balpa - bmi next ?)
Old 4th Apr 2012, 19:51
160til4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anton,

If the majority of BMI guys don`t want a longhaul command at BA then why all the fuss and veiled threats of legal action if they are not parachuted into the msl in a postion to be eligible for such commands? You can`t have it both ways.!
Another way of looking at a seniority list is as a queue. Many of us have waited many years in BA for our "turn" to come. Why should, in all fairness, that be put possibly completely out of reach for me in my remaining career with BA (and all that means for take home pay, pension etc), by several hundred ex-Bmi guys effectively queue-jumping ahead?
And the oft quoted mantra of "all sharing in the future growth" may make a good soundbite, but it is expectation only at this time and several years away at least from realisation. Of course, any shock to the airline industry could see such expectations pushed many more years from fruition. Way past my retirement freeze window.
So yes, of course I expect the BMI cc to do the best for those it represents. But let`s be honest. There is no solution that will suit everyone, or pass each individual`s personal "fairness" test.
One more point. Talk of being"stuck at the bottom of the list" makes as much sense as saying "being stuck at BMI". ie a perfectly good position to be in dressed up as "unfainess".