PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Priority within company by ATC
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2002, 21:13
SM4 Pirate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did this 3 weeks Ago

On a messy Westerly Day RWY 25 only a few weeks ago; holding NOTAMS were amended to say carry 40 mins instead of normal; B737 from AD didn't get update after push; wasn't a Hazard Alert for that aircraft because it departed after our criteria for that due to delay on the ground at AD after push.

737 said only has 15 minutes holding; we were running 22 at the time. Flow said can't swap due to mix of traffic, lots of internationals in a row etc. I initiated swap with company 767 from ML that was nice enough to swap spots, brought 737 up by 7 pushed 767 back by 7.... Everyone's a winner... expect pax to SY on the 767 and connecting flights... At least the 737 didn't end up in CB or ML though...

Then captain of 737 files incident report about ATC performance... making up 'what was said' over the air to make our performance look ordinary...thanks very much; busting my hiney getting SY to accept it, convincing 767 to accept it etc... Thank goodness my boss had the common sence to listen to the audio tapes before standing me and colleagues down, which isn't always the case... PS tapes cleared all ATCs involvement and identified unfactual information in the incident report submitted by grumpy skipper.

Bottle of Rum