PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA/bmi merger (was Virgin & Balpa - bmi next ?)
Old 4th Apr 2012, 17:44
Bengerman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been in BA for 24 years, I see the benefits that I get from that, lifestyle, pay, an element of control over my work etc as reward for my contribution to the current success and future prosperity of the company. For this reason I do not see a seniority list integration as an option.

I have no doubt whatsoever that BMI pilots are as professional and committed as any, I am sure that they will enhance the operation at BA, I hope they will enjoy the benefits that working for BA can bring, I also hope that they go on to give sterling service to BA and reap the rewards for that, but up to now they have served BMI, not BA.

The veiled, and otherwise, threats of legal challenges will have the lawyers rubbing their hands with glee, but will do nothing to assist ANY pilot from ANY workforce.

It has been said before on this forum, and in other places, the real problem will be the management of expectations from those who believe their future employer is going to present them with a world of long haul fantasy when you are going to be in the world of shorthaul reality.........whatever seats you are used to.