PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Taking photos of aircraft while boarding?
Old 4th Apr 2012, 13:39
750XL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Depending on the airport, then I think it all depends on the dispatcher / staff watching the passengers. At military airports or places like Dubai, Saudi Arabia etc then it's obviously a big no-no but in the UK I see no problem.

Personally, I have no issue with any passengers taking pictures on the ramp while boarding / de-boarding my flights as long as they use common sense and don't do anything stupid. For a lot of people, flying is all part of the 'holiday experience' so I see no reason why they can't record that 'moment' on a photo.

Generally, as long as the passenger takes a few quick snaps then continues walking into the terminal building / aircraft then there's no harm. The few times I will say something is when people take it upon themselves to stand in front of the engine () or stand at the bottom of the steps while they get some photos, therefore causing a backlog of pax.

I quite often handle football flights and for some reason the Italian / Spanish supporters always seem adamant on getting a photo taken with myself / other ground staff