PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTE Jerez (Merged 2010 onwards)
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2012, 10:45
Sagit89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So after visiting FTE I must confirm that the school itself from the look is just an amazing place to learn to fly. The campus is clean with very nice rooms (wouldn't say too many good things about internet but it is good enough to chat on skype)

Most of the students look happy and fully into work till very evening when everyone is going to the bar for a chill.

About ground school, I was informed that to allow you to go for CAA ATPL exams they exam you with an internal exam unless you pass, which is absolutely the same as OAA does (although FTE does not advertise it like OAA), also every few months you go for revision tests where they indicate your progress and your performance, which is fully internal and is only for your information.

The flight instructors I met were simply amazing. Absolutely friendly and excited about teaching.

The simulater and all the other harware looked inspiring if you may say so.

Employment wise, I was informed that every year Aer Lingus and City Flyer are asking for approximately 25-30 students for them and that is the reason why they are putting best students forward for these jobs.

Although if you will check OAA emplyment statistics they have half or even more of the students getting RYANAIR jobs, despite the fact that the school has absolutelly nothing to do with that since quite a number of FTE grads going Ryanair as well.

The staff of the school is one of the friendliest I have ever seen and I have seen quite some. Back there you just feel yourself like a home.

As for my personal plans I am waiting for sponsored schemes with them and if not I will join them as a sef-sponsored students since if some sponsored schemes arise during my time there I am still allowed to apply for them being in my studies already. Sounds like a plan And I would suggest anyone considering integrated route do the same thing.

P.S. Don't take assessment there too lightly I passed and believe it was quite easy, although I already know a number of people who failed (pilapt/verbal) mostly