PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2012, 00:54
Danny42C

Cliff

Icare9.

Kevin (I hope you don't mind my using your name), Thank you for passing on the grave news about Cliff. We all suspected and feared it, yet while there is life, there is always hope and we must hold on to it to the end.

I can only join you in your tribute to our in-thread Bomber Command heroes like Reg, Cliff and all the others. Speaking as one whose "operations" were hardly worth the name - they were so (relatively) - safe, I have always marvelled at the repeated courage of those young men who went out, night after fearful night, with full knowledge of the odds against them. "Screwing your courage to the sticking point" is fine enough on even one occasion, but to do it repeatedly over a period of months is on another plane altogether.

Had it fallen to my lot to take part, I hope I would have acquitted myself well, but who can tell ? I was very glad that it didn't.

Of course we must keep this Thread going in their honour, and we will. But keep the questions coming (it's what gives life to it), and let's have some recruits. I'm sure they're out there somewhere.

Thank you again Kevin - keep us posted, and Goodnight,

Danny,