PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Psychometric Testing
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 22:16
The_AU_Viper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How many hours a day study were you doing once you got home?

Sometimes none, sometimes 2, sometimes 3 or 4. Id say about 1-2 on average though.

If at all possible, dont fall behind. For those without an aviation background the information comes thick and fast, and even for those with it, theres still lots to take in in a short period of time. Having said that you wouldnt be here if they didnt think you could do it.

Did you do the tower or enroute course, and how many months did it take?

Enroute, we were orignially told it was 44 weeks, it took nearly 60.

Did you get much support in those times where something didn't click straight away?

The majority of instructors are very good and will do their best to get you to understand something. For the practical modules we had 2 sometimes 3 instructors, each with their own way of doing it slightly, so if you couldnt get it from one way there was another. That being said, its like uni in that its upto you to seek extra help if you need it, you wont be spoonfeed.

Your coursemates will be a huge source of information. We all become good friends and supported each other.

How often did you have exams?

Well i did it a while ago when we did the majority of the theory at the start in a 16week block then the prac modules with only some theory in between. But exams are pretty constant. Dont worry you soon get used to contant examinations! Some people get nervous even near the end so dont worry if thats the case for you.

FormerlyKAs - the best advice i can give you is not to worry about it. Just do the best you can. You cant really study for it so i wouldnt worry.