PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Maggots an Airline Issue
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 21:43
framer

Received 481 Likes on 129 Posts
Qantas Maggots an Airline Issue

Dear Moderators,

Every thread on this subject gets closed.

This is supposed to be a forum for airline news affecting airline pilots. It is not a place to randomly cut and paste passenger tabloid stories which are more suited to low-brow current affairs shows.
As an Airline pilot, I am affected by this airline news.

Qantas serving up maggots may seem like a low brow current affairs issue to you. But to some, it is an Airline issue (D&G Reporting points decribes itself as somewhere for airline issues)that ties in with cost cutting and management KPI structures.
It also has safety implications, direct ones for the passengers and crew. In my airline we have had two pilot incapacitations recently, as you know, that creates a high workload for the remaining pilot and reduces safety for the passengers. I am concerned that as long as breaches of basic food standards keep being swept under the rug the issue will not be addressed and diversions and incidents will ocurr.
With this in mind, I ask you to let this, the fourth thread on this subject, run it's course. It will probably be a short thread with not much achieved but you never know, it could achieve something worthwhile.

Kind Regards,
Framer