PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The future of UK SAR, post SAR-H
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 20:43
chopabeefer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TC

Thank you, I feel suitably chastised and will retreat into my shell.

Or B.

You, and others, have completely failed to answer or refute the points I posed. Are you a labour politician, deny the truth and push your incorrect point no matter what?

Do you deny the RAF have saved countless lives?

Do you deny that 50 years of expertise can't be transferred without loss? If not, please let us know the secret - you'll make a mint.

Or, are you simply one of those who will benefit from the civilianisation and the truth is too uncomfortable? (Rhetorical - I know the answer).

When the civvies screw up, lose a casualty at night in the mountains due to lack of goggle expertise, I will be there to remind you. If it doesn't happen, then you are right and I am wrong. I am not wrong.

As for experience, I have 4800hrs Seaking SAR, 2700 Wessex SAR. 1476 casualties picked up (I logged every one), including 59 in one day.

PS. Epiphany - you are clearly an aviator with scant knowledge of SAR. Flying in fog is sometimes necessary to save lives, especially in Britain. If properly trained and equipped, it is safe, even relatively easy. Done it several times (always to save life) and always saved those lives. EVERY time. No losses, no accidents, and had a ball. Still, at least you know your limits. As Gordon gekko said, 'Stay out of the tall grass if you can't piss with the big dogs...'