PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Falklands War Brewing
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 18:40
glojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think we are trying to twist what I am saying.

Historically Island 'X' was inhabited by people from the land of Murphy. 300 years ago 'X' was invaded and occupied by people from country 'Y' and for the next 300 years that country developed into a very prosperous location.

The people from the land of Murphy now want their land back as historically it belonged to them. Do we allow those people to take possession? Do we accept they can use history to justify their claim?

Aden
It would be nice if we had indeed learnt from that counter-insurgency conflict and as you say there were indeed a number of both Aircraft carriers and Commando carriers.

I am as proud as anyone else on this forum of my countries history but to use that history as an excuse to fight a war, or go to war, or commit acts of violence, terrorism etc just makes no sense and I am thinking of the senseless hatred that still infects parts of Ireland.. listen to the vitriolic chants at some football matches 'North of the Border' they are based on so called historical events.. Madness, sheer lunacy and keeping this on topic it is madness for one country to lay claim to the Falklands because they once occupied those islands (as did France and Spain) Those events are now what I call 'history' They are over.... They are confined to 'history' The people of the Falkland Islands have the right to decide their own destiny.