PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - iJourney
Thread: iJourney
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 16:39
AAIGUY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In Order.

Sloppyjoe..

They can get us J or F on other carriers. We used to have it on MH, Ek, KL, ect.
But then you don't fly CX.. so no good for SWIRE. Simple. About them, not us.

Boocs.

I am looking at a LA flight in 2 weeks that the CPT still can't be arsed to acknowledge the J/S request. Its showing red Y green J and F.
If you have a integrated pattern or leave the flight deck and go to the gate, the staff there can give the actual bookings to you (and IOC if you've a mate there). In my case its +35ish in Y overbooked with 10 available in J and 4 in F.
So overall oversold.

That said, we oversell for a reason. They know thru all sorts of actuarial data that shows what the no show likelihood is. So if they oversell, its because they can A) upgrade the marco polo status members, and B) know that the likely hood of the oversold pax turning up is low. Many a flight I have gotten on that was way oversold.. an Air Canada Orlando Miami where I was number 20 on the standby list recently left with open seats.. it was oversold by 10 @ checkin.

Is iJourney total balls? Absolutely. Is it that by design or error? We'll thats open to debate, but Swire in spite of the being crap to work for, seems to always make money. I reckon they have removed the functionality so its either something we have to bargain back for in exchange for higher efp or our first born children, or they simply don't want us to have it. I'm sure Snr. Mgr's have the ability to check loads and book confirmed F duty travel...