PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA/bmi merger (was Virgin & Balpa - bmi next ?)
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 11:22
Super Stall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I honestly believe this whole episode could have been avoided with a little bit of expectation management.

This could have been presented to BMI pilots as a huge win for all (financial secure airline, fleets, bidding, rock solid rostering, dodging the job loss bullet). Instead, for reasons I cannot fathom, somebody somewhere in BMI has raised expectations to stratospheric levels.

This realigning of perspectives is causing some anger and foot stamping but to be honest your CC should have begun this process earlier.

Trust me, the BACC is VERY proactive in bringing BA members down to earth when needed. We don't always like the message but it needs to be said all the same.

BA do not make idol threats. They will not hesitate in sidelining a group of employees at the first sign of trouble (look no further than BASSA). They can do without the agro and will be absolutely certain on their legal position.

I suggest the BMICC take the helping hand offered before they enter the lions den.