PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Elwood (melb) skydiving
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 05:54
lk978

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wanderin Dave.... you have hit the nail on the head

Yes there are lots of frequencies to monitor, thats why the PJE give broadcasts on most of them.

I have found it usually takes the in-experienced pilot too long to realise that their position is in conflict of where the drop zone is. For example if you were to say "expect 4 canopies on decent 6 nm North East of XXX field" can be confusing to some, but saying "expect 4 canopies over the marina" is just as confusing to IFR pilot's not familiar with the area. Maybe combining these can help

My whole gripe with this thread is that, most PJE pilot's are professional pilot's (CPL with the aspirations of doing it for a living) it is up to them to fit in with other traffic and make sure everyone is aware of their operation.

HOWEVER I am still not impressed with the level of some of the pilot's these days who through either lack of experience or more likely lack of currency are not able to hold any sort of situational awareness in busy environments. Many times I have asked for current positions and been given "I am left of the field"....

My rant has finished