PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Circling Approach. ??
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 05:10
Gnadenburg

Received 92 Likes on 41 Posts
Iron Skillet

Of course a high percentage of cadets will be able to do it and that's the crux of my argument. The job has been made inefficient and is being continually dumbed down. From my observations, there are two streams of training too. We are not quite there with your suggestion that cadet pilots are anywhere near the same level of proficiency as experienced pilots.Yes, they are coming up to the mark quickly, because they don't have the same set of core skills as yesteryear.

You seem to infer I have concerns about my own professional importance. No, I don't. Frankly, the situation is nicely balanced. Sure, I don't have worry about demonstrating the skills I did 20 years ago which makes proficiency and professional standards riddled with complacency. The other side of the scale being my easy replacement and lack of wage growth due the supply and demand being met with cadets.

Your belittling descriptors of the airline pilot are a few years away yet. No circling bringing it a few years closer. Just cross off visual approaches and that will help. Raw data proficiency has long gone by accounts. Dragging your ass in seems common too- I thought you add three thousand to that FMGC profile.