PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - new recruiting grounds for CX
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 03:28
AQIS Boigu

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
now vs. the past

Daniel747,

HKG's labour laws are very pro employer so we can't "call the shots" as you might expect from BA or LH crews.

Current SO's from "other" countries are in the minority (we are talking single digits) - I presume "other" means the "new" target countries for recruiting.

The issue here is (which has been discussed to death) that YOU will be on 50% less than WE are on and this is due to the fact that CX has scrapped the housing allowance for new recruits. The package is - plain and simple - just not enough to live with a family; I got mates with a wife and two kids and on full housing and they burn every dollar - this might not be an issue for you now but maybe in a few years (you are 28 now and you are not a kid anymore).

I am actually quite surprised they invited your for an interview - it was my understanding that CX was looking for young and naive kids in their early 20's - not for mature pilots.

But for the time being I am happy to work for CX but if there was no housing allowance I wouldn't have joined.

AB

Last edited by AQIS Boigu; 5th Apr 2012 at 02:53.