PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Albanese does nothing on Sydney Airports
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 01:13
Frank Arouet

Location: dans un cercle dont le centre est eveywhere et circumfernce n'est nulle part
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After a long search I find this;

Feature Stories :: Orange News Now

Hidden within the missive is;

John Davis is pleased, as any city mayor would be, with the employment opportunities that the Cadia mine is contributing, also the proceeds of mine workers’ accommodation and other needs – even though the influx is driving rents and house prices through the roof.
Newcrest Cadia is also likely to be contributing to the reported $24 million cost of a proposed expansion of Orange Airport to increase air traffic movements and to cope with bigger passenger jets like the Boeing 737 .
But then it’s the big rise in mining traffic, the daily in-and-out syndrome of shuttling workers between Brisbane, Orange and Western Australia, that’s largely caused the need to upgrade the airport in the first place.
The monotonous thing about all this speculation is not my rants, but the simple fact NIMBY's won't let airports happen.

Labor would put the airport in St Ives and Libs would extend the current one into Marrickville. No political party has the balls to make a decision because it will cost them votes.

Until the FEDERAL Minister for Aviation makes a decision on an "Australian Hub", (somebody else brought that up), in a remote area that nobody cares about because nobody lives there, and can service existing City airports that would in fact become Domestic terminals, this topic will drag on and on and on........