PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAG BMI
Thread: IAG BMI
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2012, 22:16
fmgc
Plumbum Pendular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also try turning an aircraft around in 25 minutes at LHR. You'd still be waitng for the bus(es) for your arrival pax let alone the departing Pax. What about those taxy times (on another thread). Why not have a stand alone terminal whilst we're about it. To be ready for THIS summer's rush.
OK, if you could explain how to lower the DOCs operating in and out of LHR I am sure that everyone would like to know. I should also be very curious as to why no one has done it already?
What I mean by this is not the same model as EZY or FR. I have not made myself very clear.

For a start the short haul operation I would imagine should be a separate business with different contracts to mainline VS. They will need to operate from the same Terminal so as to be a proper feeder system.

Branson has wanted this for years and I would imagine that he will not give up. Buying the Scotland slots would be a very good start. Then from there expand the operation across Europe.

I should also be very curious as to why no one has done it already
What other Longhaul based UK operator needs a feeder airline? VS is the only one!