PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAFPS 2015
Thread: FAFPS 2015
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2012, 22:11
Greenielynxpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please - give us all a break!

Your commitment to the service is expressed through your commission, not your pension. It is actually the Armed Forces that made a massive commitment to you ...

Your transfer to AFPS05 was not dutiful - it will have made financial sense at the time, based on the assumptions you made about the likely length of your residual service.

I'm sorry for you that your assumptions appear to have been mistaken in light of a changing global environment - who could have seen that coming in 2005? However, I will be reserving the majority of my sympathy for those whose loss came as a result of mistaken assumptions made by others, such as all the trainee pilots made redundant last year because the tw&ts at Manning still can't accurately predict demand, after only about 50 years of trying.

The (as yet only hypothetical) losses of those who transferred to AFPS05 comes from having taken a punt on catching two in the bush rather than sticking with the bird in hand. Some on these forums would call that rather naive. Now trot along to join the very long queue of all the other people whose fortunes have suffered as a result of the destruction of our TACOS these last few years.