PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice needed here
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2012, 18:57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Genghis, as is frequently the case, has pretty much summed it up nicely.

Do not be fooled by the course title of "Aerospace Engineering", a more accurate name would be something like "A shed load of maths, some more maths, a bit of sustainable theory to keep the hippies happy, some more maths, some physics, and some more of something that someone says is maths but is more like the definition of confusing".

Certainly, your ATPLs will help you understand a few parts of a related degree, but the amount of the degree you actually know from ATPLs is around about 3%. Everything else is much more difficult (in terms of theory) and distinct (in terms of breadth of knowledge).

Computer programming will play a part in several modules over the course of an engineering degree.

I was certainly not a prize student, I found my course extremely tough at times. I passed, with a rather pleasant grade, because I was committed to the course as I knew it was vital if I were to get to where I wanted to be. I think if I had done it on a whim I would have dropped out as quite a few others did.

Otherwise, take GtE's words. They cover everything else I was thinking of saying.