PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK NPAS discussion: thread Mk 2
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2012, 11:10
Vera City

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kuntynuty

I would be interested to know a few things about you old chap...and by the way I am not a police officer, I'm just a decent over taxed tax payer.

1. As a decent over taxed tax payer, how much do you pay into your pension? I think you'll find that police officers pay around 11% of their salary into theirs.

2. As a decent over taxed tax payer, what would you do if you were told you were having a compulsory pay cut of over 15%, having your pension contribution increased from 11% to 14% and that you were going to have your retirement age increased by 5 years? Oh and there's nothing you can do about it, like strike. Police officers have a much reduced life expectancy over decent over taxed tax payers, around 10-12 years IIRC due to shift work and difficulty of the role into older years and of course can't strike.

3. As a decent over taxed tax payer, how would you feel if all your other public services were changed, so that they were staffed by lower paid, less well trained and ineffective staff?

4. As a decent over taxed tax payer, how hard is it to carry that massive chip on your shoulder.

You have wonderfully displayed both your ignorance and prejudice to all the other decent over taxed tax payers, which you seem to forget as a group also includes all the police officer you refer to. Funny thing is they almost certainly pay more tax and work harder than you. Thanks for the contribution, it gave me a good chuckle today.

VC

PS. Reference my last post and the accusations of being a troll and a 902 hater. A troll I may be, but a 902 hater I am not. I have worked with both types of aircraft (135 & 902) and with regard to maintenance I was speaking from experience, and referring to scheduled maintenance not unscheduled. Maybe I should have made my point better by saying, by all means move a 902 to Redhill, but for the love of god don't make it one that's spec'd to do an air ambulance role. Let's keep police air support as police air support.

Notionally Providing Air Support

Last edited by Vera City; 2nd Apr 2012 at 11:12. Reason: Because I'm old and forget things!