PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 1st Apr 2012, 22:28
777-Aviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys.. I don't want to be the bearer of the bad news, but I suggest that you don't count a lot on getting an invitation from QR for a normal SO position anytime soon! I might be wrong, and I hope I am because this would mean good news for you, but the company is not looking for juniors for the mean time (except Qataris of course) and this is according to my humble source. It might be a little but strong dose of reality, but take it in a positive way and do your best to look for other opportunities with other employers. It's always difficult to get that first job, but you have to try as hard as you can and you will eventually get it. I know for sure that you can find vacancies somewhere in the far east with small companies. It's not the dream job or the dream company, but it's definitely all what you need as a starter. I already know some good guys who have made their way through to major carriers in the region after starting out there in Asia with barely known airline companies! It would take a lot of blood and sweat wherever you get the first job anyway! So keep prospecting and never lose a day without doing something useful to your career advancement!

Last edited by 777-Aviator; 1st Apr 2012 at 23:02.