PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mess Bar Gross Percentage Profit - What's yours?
Old 1st Apr 2012, 12:03
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Gnd,

I would have to take exception to you there.

There are equally bad wines, spirits and ales knocking around that do nobody's reputation any good to be seen drinking. And if in the Mess, I would hope that they wouldn't do the Wines Member's health much good either as they are strung up for bringing them in in the first place.

Actually, your comment reminds me of that rather splendid thread that ran last year I think - somebody asking for advice about attending a function / At Home at their bosses house I think it was. This very point was covered there and I think the consensus amongst the more relaxed or enlightened members was that an individual should be able to drink what they like; the whole point is that the right company is key and an individual should feel able to relax rather than being tortured by being forced to drink something they really can't stand. I for one loathe red wine and will tolerate white, but love a good quality larger (and no I don't mean Fosters any more); I wouldn't dream of thinking less of anybody else just because they happen to like wine