PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - WHERE TO NOW?
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2012, 11:55
gobbledock

Location: Alabama, then Wyoming, then Idaho and now staying with Kharon on Styx houseboat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
President of cloud cuckoo land

The funny thing with the egotistical disconnected Irish Nupty is that he actually believes his own delusional ramblings. He is forgetting some fundamentals;
• Although QF is ASX 100 listed, it's value has plunged since he took charge, by 83%. Lucky for him that his salary obviously isn't performance based otherwise he would be owing Qantas.
• Stating that he is paid less than other ASX 100 CEO's is true. Somebody better show him the profits of a handful of the other companies as at least those CEO's partially deserve their massive pays, they deliver far more than the little fella.
• Is anybody else sick of hearing this little fella's ramblings about only earning $5 million? He keeps forgetting bonuses, perks and other treats. His earnings are closer to $10 million. There are additional rumors that he has business links to airline service suppliers, consultancies and other interests which earn him an additional $5 - $9 million per year.

I think he should be very very grateful for the fact he gets to extract such a disgustingly high unjustifiable existence out of QF, considering the companies current shape. As for comparing what he does to what pilots do well that is a complete laugh, the difference is obvious;

- Pilots try to strengthen and promote the brand by offering an actual service, under impossible demands each and every day.
- Pilots think of others than themselves at work, they consider the crew, passengers, the reasonable care of the machine they are flying.
- Pilots focus and perform their role based upon processes and safety foremost.
- Pilots accept and acknowledge that their actions could either tarnish the brand, destroy a life or bring negative consequences upon the companies reputation based upon the pilots own individual actions.

AJ's daily concern - me me me $$$$$$.