PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying without a BFR
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2012, 10:12
MakeItHappenCaptain

Location: Hollister, Hilo, Pago Pago, Norfolk Is., Brisbane, depending which day of the week it is...
Received 31 Likes on 9 Posts
In that case either lift your game or find a more friendly instructor. A lot of this is determined of course by whether or not you are using the instructor's aircraft and more than likely is on a VDO switch. (Oh yes, this happens).
Don't like them, don't use them again, but I'm extremely dubious about the "find someone easier" connotation here. Can understand a pedantic instructor being an aversion, but I've also had way too many comments about, "Well my last AFR was only three circuits, why does this take so long?"

I have been contacted by CASA to verify an AFR was conducted correctly after a checked pilot (who should've known better) departed with insufficient fuel. (Didn't want to wait for a refuelled fuel depot to settle.) Think I would be working in this industry if I'd done a "quickie"?

Instructors, your signature is saying this person is competent for the next two years. You are resposible.

Do support Frank's description of how to think about the AFR. It is to get your skills up to a level where the approved person is satisfied you will be able to competently use your license for the next two years.

ICUS,
You must hold a CPL, be endorsed on type and hold any required ratings. You must be able to act and make all the decisions as if you were PIC.
1) PPL holders cannot legally log ICUS, &
2) How can you act as if you were PIC if you don't have a current review?